Friday, March 6, 2009

WorkWorkWork


It seems like that's all I do these days! It's been hectic the past couple of days at the shop. We've been going full speed for the techs of both Slasher and Absalom. I will say, this is NOTHING compared to what I had to deal with at school or during the summer when I was at Brevard Music Center. They were much more stressful. Working at ATL is still hectic and a lot happens, but when you have a crew this size (and a budget the size we do), the little things that you are forced to stress about tend to get pushed aside.

The juggling babies are done, finally! I finished quilting a blanket that three of the dolls were being wrapped in (the girls). Yesterday I ran around doing errands for the most part. After lunch I went over to the theatre to make some scripts for Slasher. Doc had gotten all of the stage managers to set up boxes for people to dump the old versions of scripts in so that we could then use them to make these scripts for the show. The script was being torn every night, so this helped with us having to photocopy 20 scripts, and also a great way to reuse some paper. It took a while because I had to piece through everything (not to mention the trash that some people dumped in there) but I got it done.

Afterwards I went back to the shop where I did some odd things, and then we all got out early. There was a Humana kick off party happening at the theatre, but I was so tired I just didn't want to get ready for a party so me and Heather decided to grab some beer and pizza and we headed back to her place to watch some TV with her boyfriend Brad. It was relaxing and definitely better than having to go through the hassel of going to the party.

Blood Making Supplies in the Prop Kitchen

Today everyone was at the theatre for most of the morning. After helping Doc with some Slasher notes, we split up and half of us went to go do some set dressing for Absalom. The boys worked on putting branches and apples in the tree (one of the actresses climbs up the tree and picks apples during one scene) and Taj and I were given the task to glue moss into the cracks of the downstage apron.


It took us most of the day, minus a lunch break (where Mark provided us with City Cafe sandwiches and got to hang out in the beautiful 60 degree weather) and some errands. While I was there, I found out that Evelyn, the BFF, got some amazing grad school call backs from some schools at SETC. I wish I was there, but there would have been no way to be able to get out of work to drive to Alabama to go to the convention, it just wasn't happening this year. It's supposed to be in Lexington next year (which is like an hour away) so if I'm still in the area, even if it's Humana time I can head over there for a couple of days.

I had to go pick up some different colored duct tape for Under Construction, one of the other Humana shows opening. The show has very little props, just some construction site things (cones, tape, hard hats...). Then later in the day me and Elliot headed out to pick up one of the neon signs for Slasher, where we played with the GPS on my iPhone!


We stayed a little later to wait and see if Doc needed anything before we left, and Heather and I were able to use the time to finish up the moss just as the run crew and stage managment was setting up props for the tech run.

I get tomorrow to sleep in, and then will be heading back to work on Sunday to get some props for Hard Weather Boating Party started.

No comments: