Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Beginings

I don't know why I continuously decide to sign up for more of these types of blogs. I currently already am on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Tumblr. Live Journal, and probably five more blogs that I don't even remember now (including an older Blogspot that I now can no longer get into). I'm a little obsessed, I know. I figure that even though the chances that people will even read this it's a great resource for me to have an "online scrapbook" of what is going on in my life.

A little about myself:

My name is Jessie and I currently work as an intern in props at a theatre in Louisville KY. I graduated college the spring of '08 with a degree in theatre performance, but followed my love of prop making instead of continuing the performance side. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it and have been doing it for so long, but I needed a change, and something that would push me and allow me to focus on my strengths in physical creativity (instead of the psyhcological creativitiy that acting gives me). I really do love prop making as much as acting, and I don't know how I was so blessed to get the gig I did.

That's a little bit about me, more will come in the entries I post. I really want to try to continue this as actively as I have my other blog (if you want to call it that): http://charisma13.tumblr.com I think I have kept up with that one more frequently because of how easy it is to use and post something within seconds. I usually just post pictures of what goes on during my day.

This blog will be about my life, and mainly focusing the development of my craft and the "world" after college. I hope if you find this blog it is entertaining. If you are into props, let me know! The prop world is very small and not much is out there. I love meeting new people.

Ok, this is it for now. More to come later

No comments: