Sunday, March 8, 2009

Brown Thumb

Today we ended up only working for about 3 hours, which was nice. I made some more notes for Absalom, and pulled some more books for the show as well.

I then started work on staining chairs for Hard Weather Boating Party. There is about 30 chairs to stain, since the chair gets broken every night. At first I had to mix some colors to find what our scene designer wanted, but I'm HORRIBLE at it. I've never been good a mixing colors in any medium, let alone stains. Doc picked out a stain he liked that required no mixing, so Elliot and I stained one chair so that we can have one completed to see how it looks after sealing it and putting gloss on it tomorrow. Somehow during the process I ended up getting a perfect brown thumb. I don't know exactly how it happened, but I have a feeling it was when I was taking off a sticker and had taken off my gloves to try to pick at it, I'm sure I put my thumb down in a drip that I didn't even realize was there.

Oh well, it will fade after a while.

No comments: